Complimentary Dues For New Lawyers
The OSB Debtor-Creditor Section is pleased to announce complimentary section dues available to OSB Members for their year of admission and for the next three calendar years (with yearly renewal application). For more information, click here.
Section membership is available to active and inactive members of the Oregon State Bar. Associate membership is available to certain non-lawyers. (see below)
Member Benefits and Volunteer Opportunities
Debtor Creditor Section members receive a periodic newsletter, are eligible for the Debtor-Creditor Email Discussion list, receive a reduced price on Section CLE programs, have the opportunity to network with their peers at section events, and can contribute to the quality of section programs and activities by volunteering:
- to help out at the Bankruptcy Clinic
- to plan the Annual NW Bankruptcy Institute
- to serve the section as a committee member
- to contribute time as a member of the executive committee
- to participate in the section’s Young Lawyers Committee
- to participate in the Women Bankruptcy Attorneys group
To help out with section activities, send an email to an executive committee member indicating your area of interest and availability.
If you are interested specifically in the Bankruptcy Clinic, get in touch with Rich Parker.
OSB members can join the section by mail or online.
- By Mail: Send a check for $35 to the Oregon State Bar Accounting Department P.O. Box 231935 Tigard, OR 97281-1935 . Make the check payable to the OSB and note and enclose a brief note stating that you are joining the Debtor-Creditor Section and you would like to receive the newsletter password.
- Online. Use your credit card to join through the OSB web site.
Non-members applying for Associate Members must use the Application for Associate Section Membership form available on the OSB website. The applicant must certify as follows:
I hereby certify that I am (check one):
- An employee of an Oregon Lawyer
- A law student
- A law professor
- An employee of a legal department of a corporation or governmental entity, and am supervised by an Oregon Lawyer
- A member of a related profession, specifically: _____________________
- An attorney licensed to practice law in the state of: _______________
Click on the Application link above to view or download the application form.